Pages

Thursday, May 22, 2014

zucchini noodz



Love carbs but you just can't get away?? These zucchini noodles are a great alternative. Now you're probably thinking there is NO no way a vegetable can trick your taste buds... but I swear.... Just give it a try.

You can make these noodles with various different sauces but I'm going to give you the recipe for what you see in the picture.

Ingredients:
2-3 zucchinis (makes 2 servings)
15-20 cherry tomatoes
2-3 tablespoons olive oil
3-4 tablespoons jarred pesto
Parmesan cheese
Optional: basil & lemon for garnish

How to....

-You will need to buy a  Spiral Vegetable Cutter. I got mine at Bed Bath & Beyond for $14.99.
-Preheat oven to 375 degrees
-Line a baking dish or pan with foil to save the mess & spray with cooking spray
-Coat cherry tomatoes in olive oil to prevent sticking & season with a pinch of salt and pepper 
-Roast tomatoes in the oven for about 12 mins or until the outsides become a bit "shriveled" in appearance
-While waiting, peel the skins off the zucchini (unless you like skins)
-Spiral your raw zucchini
-By this time your tomatoes may be done
-Heat a skillet with 2 tbsp olive oil- medium heat 
-Toss the raw zucchini in and add the pesto and roasted tomatoes
-Cook to your liking. I only had my zucchini on heat for about 3-4 mins. Zucchini tends to cook fast and will get mushy so be careful.
-Sprinkle some Parmesan cheese on top


Let me know how you like it!

2 comments:

  1. may or may not have just sent this to my mom to make for me....

    ReplyDelete