Pages

Monday, June 2, 2014

a cure for the monday blues-- 60 tiny love stories

It's Monday... again ...and I get how you're feeling.

However, my Monday wasn't as bad as most. Maybe it was a little of the leftover happiness that I was feeling from Sunday's just-because dozen of roses....or maybe it was because I chose to look at the positive aspect of having a big-girl job. 



It's easy to get caught up in the monotony of the working life and to constantly throw yourself pity-parties. I know this because I do it too. However, every once in a while, it is good for the soul to look at things glass half full.

Being a pediatric nurse isn't always easy. I often find myself complaining about my back or my feet hurting after a 13 hour day and how I don't want to wake up at 5am and do it all over again. Then I remember my patients. I deal with sick kids with extremely sad cases... and more often than not, I go home and think about them when I'm off. Although it can be physically, mentally, and emotionally exhausting, I am grateful to be a nurse and to feel a sense of reward after each and every day.

Not feeling the glass half-full attitude today? 

I wanted to share an article I found on Pinterest a couple years back: 60 Tiny Love Stories to Make You Smile. These are truly heart warming and will prob cause you to shed a few tears. If these don't serve as a pick me up, I don't know what will.

What are you grateful for this Monday?

2 comments:

  1. Love this!! I totally know what you mean! Sometimes its tough to look at the positive, but you're making such a difference :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely. It's worth the blood gut tears... And poop (literally). LOL you get it

      Delete